Diablo 4 gamers always encounter FPS drop issues on PC. It greatly influences their gaming experience in the dungeons. Check the reasons for FPS drop and find the best way to boost FPS in Diablo 4.
What Causes FPS Drop in Diablo 4?
Diablo 4 low FPS can be due to several factors, many of which can be related to either software or hardware issues. Here are some common reasons why you might be experiencing lower Frames Per Second (FPS) in Diablo 4:
- Outdated Drivers: If your graphics card drivers are outdated, this could lead to poor game performance and lower FPS. Always ensure you have the latest drivers installed.
- High Graphics Settings: High graphics settings can strain your system, particularly if your hardware is older or not powerful enough to handle these settings, resulting in decreased FPS.
- Background Applications: Running multiple applications or processes in the background can consume system resources, leaving less for Diablo 4 and causing FPS drops.
- Overheating: If your system is overheating, it may throttle performance to cool down. This can result in decreased FPS. Make sure your PC is well ventilated and your hardware is not overheating.
- Hardware Limitations: Your hardware may simply not be powerful enough to run Diablo 4 at the desired settings. Your graphics card, processor, and RAM all play crucial roles in game performance.
- Network Issues: While more often causing lag rather than FPS drops, network issues can still cause performance problems in games like Diablo 4.
- Game Bugs or Updates: Sometimes, the issue might be with the game itself. Certain patches or bugs can cause temporary performance issues, including FPS drops.
To resolve these issues, consider updating your drivers, adjusting your game settings, closing unnecessary background applications, ensuring your system is cool, checking your hardware to make sure it meets the game requirements, and keeping an eye on official game forums for any bug reports or update news.
How to Increase FPS in Diablo 4?
Improving your Frames Per Second (FPS) in Diablo 4 involves a combination of tweaking your game settings, optimizing your computer’s performance, and ensuring your hardware and drivers are up-to-date. Here are some steps you can take:
1. Update Your Graphics Drivers
Keeping your graphics drivers updated is critical for the best game performance. Both NVIDIA and AMD regularly roll out updates that offer game-specific improvements. Depending on your graphics card:
- For NVIDIA users, you can download the latest drivers from the NVIDIA Driver Downloads page.
- For AMD users, visit the AMD Driver and Support page.
2. Adjust In-Game Settings
Tweaking in-game settings can greatly impact your FPS:
- Lower the Resolution: If your monitor allows it, lowering the game’s resolution can help improve your FPS.
- Decrease Graphics Settings: Lowering the overall graphics settings can help boost FPS. This includes settings like texture quality, shadows, anti-aliasing, and post-processing effects.
- Limit Background Applications: Make sure Diablo 4 is your primary focus. Closing out of unnecessary background applications can help allocate more resources to the game.
3. Use Game Mode on Windows 10/11
Windows 10 and 11 include a Game Mode that optimizes your PC for gaming. When activated, Windows will prioritize your gaming experience by managing system resources. To activate:
- Go to Settings > Gaming > Game Mode.
- Switch the Game Mode to On.
4. Upgrade Your Hardware
If you’re still experiencing low FPS after trying the above steps, it might be time to consider upgrading your hardware:
- Graphics Card (GPU): This is the most important component for gaming. Upgrading to a newer, more powerful GPU can drastically improve FPS.
- Processor (CPU): While Diablo 4 is more GPU-intensive, having a good CPU can also impact your FPS.
- RAM: More RAM allows your computer to handle more tasks at once. It is recommended to have at least 8GB of RAM for gaming, but 16GB would provide even better performance.
5. Use an FPS Booster
Lastly, consider using an FPS booster such as LagoFast game booster. These programs optimize your PC’s performance, helping you achieve higher FPS by closing unnecessary processes and prioritizing resources for Diablo 4.
Remember, each system is unique, so not all these steps may apply to you. Play around with different settings and solutions to see what works best for your specific situation. Happy gaming!