Shining happy eyes and long eyelashes make every bride even more attractive.
If one of your clients is preparing for this special day, you can offer her several alternatives that will enhance the beauty of her eyes on the wedding day.
If a girl wants a dramatic look, you can do lash extensions.
Another popular service is lash lift, which highlights the beauty of natural eyelashes, giving them a beautiful curve and saturated color.
In our article, we are going to tell you about what tools a lash maker needs for this beauty procedure: lash lift rods and shields, cleansers, serum, lift glue, tint, etc.
You will also learn how to prepare eyelashes for the wedding and make them keep a beautiful curl as long as possible.
What You Need to Know About Lash Lifting Before a Wedding Day?
Has a charming bride decided to do lash lifting?
In addition to congratulations on this wonderful event, do not forget to give the girl some practical advice on how to prepare for this beauty procedure.
Before lash lift:
- Do not tint lashes at least 2 weeks before the lash lifting procedure. Too frequent use of chemicals can affect the health of eyelashes. That is why lash lift and tint procedures require a certain interval between them. Your lash stylist can tint lashes during lash lift: it is better than doing these procedures separately.
- Three days before the procedure do not visit the solarium, steam bath, or sauna. Excessive heat and humidity can affect the condition of the eyelashes.
- Stop using nutrient oils and serums three days before the treatment.
- A day before the procedure it is undesirable to do facial cleansing, peeling, and other cosmetic procedures. It is also not recommended to do everything above mentioned during the first 48 hours after lash lift.
Right before and after the lash lift procedure:
- Warn your bride that she needs to schedule a lash lift approximately 48 hours before the wedding. It is important to do this because the formulations need some time to fix. In addition, during these 48 hours, it is undesirable to do makeup. Sign up for the procedure in advance – and you will look irresistible on your wedding day!
- If you wear lenses, you should take them off before the procedure and put them on after it’s done.
- Do not get your lashes wet within 24 hours after lash lift. The reason is the same: the compositions need time to fix. Getting moisture can make lashes fall flat too soon. We don’t want that, do we?
For this reason, recommend washing the hair on the day of the procedure for those clients whose hair gets dirty quickly.
Also for 72 hours after the beauty treatment avoid visiting the solarium, steam bath, or sauna.
- After the procedure, try not to sleep facedown on the pillow. Otherwise, the eyelashes can be fixed wrong as they were crumpled during sleep.
- Do not rub your eyes and eyelashes at least the first day after lash lift.
- Do not use an eyelash curler to boost your curl.
- After the beauty treatment, you can use care serums and oils as before.
It will also be useful to make sure that the bride has no contraindications to the procedure.
These include the following:
- Inflammations in the eye area, pimples, and acne;
- Eye or local skin infections: conjunctivitis, blepharitis, and stye;
- Allergy to the components of the products used for lash lifting;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Permanent makeup of eyebrows or eyelids, made less than 3 weeks before lash lift;
- Recent eye surgery: blepharoplasty, facelift, rhinoplasty, etc. ;
- Various infections and colds, accompanied by fever;
- Pregnancy and nursing;
- The use of hormonal drugs (the result of lash lift, in this case, can be unpredictable).
In all other cases, you can do lash lifting!
What Products Do You Need to Do a Lash Lift?
You will need the following tools and consumables:
- Lash lift glue
Opt for eco-friendly products with an efficient but delicate composition that fixes eyelashes with lash lift rods and shields. Preferably buy products packed in a tube, to eliminate the risk of glue contamination.
- Lash lift rods and shields
These are special rollers needed to give the eyelashes a certain shape.
Lash lift rods are used for short eyelashes or when the bride wants to get a smooth natural curl.
Shields are suitable for long eyelashes or when a more curved effect is needed.
- Lash filler form 1
Open the scales of the hair and prepare the lashes for the next fixing substance.
- Fix 2
Fixing substance provides excellent interaction between filler form 1 and filler 3.
- Filler 3
This product thickens and nourishes lashes, making them more groomed, silky, and beautiful.
- Fixing gel
It is required to fix lashes onto the rods or shields in the right direction for the treatment. You will also need a tool to distribute the eyelashes evenly.
- Mixing bowl
It’s better to buy several bowls for different products or a bowl with two or three sections where you will be able to mix several different formulations.
In addition to the traditional black, acquire several other dark shades that will suit the features of your customers. For example, dark brown color is better for blondes: it looks more natural.
Make sure that the composition of a product is safe for health.
- Tint developer
Adds depth and intensity to the selected shade without damaging the lash structure.
- Eye patches
They protect the skin under the eyes from contact with tint and other products.
- Application brush
Since you will be working with various products, you need to buy a set with several brushes.
Choose lightweight waterproof brushes with magnetic tips.
For ease of use, you can also purchase a magnetic brush holder that fastens brushes securely and provides easy access to them during work.
Restores eyelashes and maintains them in excellent condition.
You can buy both ready-made lash lift kit and collect it by yourself.
Some ready-made kits are suitable not only for lash lift but also for brow lamination.
Ideally, buy products from proven brands with which most Canadian lash makers work.
Take a look at the range of the Italian brand InLei and the Australian company Elleebana. This is the best you can offer your brides helping them get ready for the wedding!
You can buy all these products at the LashStorePro online store – the official local brand distributor of InLei and Elleebana in Canada.
- Only original certified products with proven effectiveness.
- Purchasing ready-made kits, you can be sure that all products combine perfectly, helping the lash stylist to achieve a stunning result.
- All products on the site are very convenient in work: with them you will create beauty even faster and easier!
- The products offered are safe for health: they do not contain harmful components and are subject to strict quality control.
- Thanks to direct cooperation with manufacturers, you receive favorable prices for all products.
- The brand regularly updates and adds to its range proven hits and trending novelties.
Choose LashStorePro – and you will make the eyes of brides irresistible and beautiful!