Many centuries ago, the Indians lubricated the tips of their arrows with vegetable juice, which caused paralysis of the enemy’s muscles. Europeans became interested in this property and eventually began to study its medical qualities – and the first muscle relaxants appeared. Now these substances, which cause temporary muscle relaxation, are widely used by doctors for operations, as well as for relieving spasms and convulsions.
Muscle relaxants (relaxing drugs) are drugs whose specific action is aimed at relaxing muscles and smoothing muscles. If a person feels spasms, clamps, tension, and pain due to increased skeletal muscle tone, which is caused by neurological disorders, you need to buy a muscle relaxant online.
When are these medicines needed?
Such drugs are most common in some medical fields – anaesthesiology and neurology.
In anaesthesiology, they are used to relax muscles during operations in conjunction with anaesthesia. So, the patient will not carry out involuntary movements that can lead to injury.
In neurology, it is used in the following pathological conditions:
- complex therapy of osteochondrosis with severe spasms;
- pain syndrome caused by disc herniations and muscle contractures;
- pathologies of the spinal cord that cause the development of spasms (syringomyelia, trauma and tumours);
- lumbar sciatica;
By the way, now such drugs are widely used not only in medicine, but also in cosmetology.
Types and features of the effects of muscle relaxants
There are two classification groups of relaxing drugs:
- Muscle relaxants of central action. The drug affects the central nervous system, brain and spinal cord, from which all muscles relax. The effect is fast, but short-lived. The effect is general and is suitable for the complex therapy of osteochondrosis, pain syndrome in intervertebral hernias, in pathologies (traumas, syringomyelia tumours) of the spinal cord;
- Muscle relaxants of peripheral action. The action is local and is aimed at arbitrary muscles, which leads to the relaxation of muscle tissue and the removal of spasms. The drug interrupts the connection between the muscle and the nerve, which stops the motor activity. Used during surgery, as well as during tracheal intubation.
The mechanism of action of muscle relaxants does not cause paralysis, but only relaxes the muscles, which makes them effective as local anaesthesia.
Also, these drugs are divided by the duration of action:
- long-acting – more than 30 minutes;
- the average duration of the effect is from about 20-30 minutes;
- short action – up to 10 minutes.
It is worth recalling that the choice of the drug and its duration of action depends on many factors that the doctor must analyse. In this matter, you should not neglect the advice of specialists, because it is their experience and qualifications that are able to analyse the general condition and prescribe the necessary components for a certain period of time.
In this matter, the form of drugs is also important. They can be presented as:
- They are used for long-term symptomatic treatment of diseases accompanied by spasms and convulsions. Treatment begins with small doses;
- Most often, such drugs are administered intravenously using syringes or infusion systems to relieve severe spasms and convulsions, as well as before surgery. They can also be injected directly into the cerebrospinal fluid.
What are the contraindications and side effects?
Relaxing drugs have a strong effect on the nervous system and cause dependence and addiction. Side effects are manifested in the form of loss of concentration and dizziness, which makes their reception impossible if the person’s profession is connected with machines, an entry where concentration and reaction speed are necessary. Also, the use of muscle relaxant drugs in children and adolescents is not recommended.
Strict contraindications include:
- individual intolerance;
- hypersensitivity to anaesthetic drugs;
- excessive susceptibility to the active or excipients of the drug
Muscle relaxants cause the following side effects:
- decrease in working capacity;
- low blood pressure;
However, these are only theoretical possibilities. With the right dosage and the choice of a quality product, the possibility of side effects becomes very small.
Why go to an online pharmacy?
To buy such medicines, you need to type their name in a search engine or select from those offered in this section, then specify all the necessary parameters. This saves a lot of time for the person. After all, he can do this absolutely at any time, and the delivery service will bring the order at any convenient time.
Just imagine that a person needs to buy drugs at a low price. How many pharmacies will he have to bypass himself in order to buy at a more attractive price? It can be dozens of pharmacies, and a lot of time can be spent.
Online pharmacies always provide you with drugs at the most affordable prices. Moreover, such pharmacies often provide discounts, which will save even more money for the buyer.
Another advantage of online pharmacies is the assortment. Many had situations when it was necessary to buy a lot of medicines, and some were not available. The range of online pharmacies is constantly updated, so a potential buyer will have access to a huge number of medicines.
Also, do not forget about the absence of queues when buying in online pharmacies. We all save time and try to spend every minute for the benefit of ourselves and our loved ones. Who wants to stand in line for medicines after a hard day at work? Therefore, in this situation, buying medicines using online pharmacies saves both time and money.
In online pharmacies, there are always muscle relaxants with various effects in the form of tablets, capsules, injections and creams for external use. Companies offer medicines from various manufacturers. Moreover, on the site you can buy or pre-order the necessary muscle relaxant for quick and short-term relief of painful muscle spasms, as well as for prolonged pain relief.