Scleroderma is not just a skin condition but could be far more dangerous for the whole body. Skin is the biggest body organ acting as a shield for internal vital organs. When the skin is under threat, your whole body mechanism is at risk. It is almost impossible to cure the disease completely. Treatment aims at helping with the symptoms. Adjunctive therapies including PEME may reduce the severity of symptoms in sufferers.
What Is Scleroderma?
Scleroderma is a chronic autoimmune disease that causes damage to the skin, connective tissue, and internal organs. The problem arises when the immune system influences your body and instead of fighting against foreign bodies, it starts to cause inflammation to the skin. It causes your body to make excessive collagen. Collagen is a protein essential for healthy skin. But here collagen becomes problematic as it thickens and tightens your skin. Later, it scars the lungs and kidneys. Or even cause your blood vessels may get thickened, and stop working fully or lead to high blood pressure.
Types of Scleroderma
There are two main types of scleroderma.
- Localized Scleroderma: This type mainly impacts your skin in either of two forms; Morphea (hard oval patches on the skin) or Linear (lines or streaks of thickened skin).
- Systemic Scleroderma: This generalized form involves body parts. It happens in two forms Limited and diffuse scleroderma.
Symptoms of Scleroderma
It is not easy to live with scleroderma for its nasty symptoms that affect several body parts.
- Hardened skin
- Sores on fingertips
- Small red spots on your face and upper body
- Oval-shaped patches on your skin
- Trouble in swallowing
- Pain and swelling in joints
- Weakness in muscles
- Dry eyes or mouth
- Swelling on hands and fingers
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach cramps
- Weight loss
Treatment of Scleroderma
Delaying treatment could lead to several irreversible complications including High blood pressure, Scar in lung tissue, hindered blood flow to hands and feet, inflammation in muscles, kidney issues, and infections. The treatment provides some relief in symptoms and prevents further complications. Treatment includes:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs NSAIDs to help in pain
- Steroids slow down the immune system
- Drugs to maintain blood flow and open blood vessels
- Medications for blood pressure
- Medication for heartburn
Other things that may help are:
- Exercise and Physical therapy
- A healthy diet of fiber and fluids
- Light and laser therapy for treating skin
- Occupational therapy including stress management
- Organ transplants in extreme situations
Apart from these, PEMF therapeutic devices have great potential for helping in scleroderma.
Each device is unique for catering to individual needs. Unlimited PEMF devices are available on the market, conducting your research online helps in making the best decisions. Visit healthylineoutlet.com to have a glance at various devices in different forms. Look out for a reputable company that offers excellent customer service and an after-sale warranty.
PEMF and Scleroderma
PEMF therapy works well against scleroderma as a complementary therapy to conventional treatment methods. Like other treatments, the therapy is not a cure but can help manage certain aspects of the disease. The efficacy of the therapy varies in different persons depending on the individual’s health and the seriousness of the disease. However, slowing down the progression of the disease is what one can expect.
Can PEMF Treat Scleroderma?
Scleroderma patients sometimes also suffer from Raynaud’s phenomenon, a symptom of specific autoimmune diseases. In one experiment pulsed therapy was applied to the spine of scleroderma patients with Raynaud syndrome. The targeted points of the spine for exposure to the radiations were C4-Th7 and Th10-L2. The result was quite hopeful as the patients showed improvement in:
- Sensitivity to cold
- Palmar sweating
- Ulnar nerve conduction
In another study, the therapy was applied in conjunction with other holistic treatment methods with dietary supplements and massage therapy. After 12 therapeutic sessions, the results were analyzed using clinical and immunological methods of testing. The outcomes were mind-blowing with an impressive percentage of cure. For evaluation, the researchers used immune indices like immunoglobulin and blast transforming activity of lymphocytes. The conclusion they drew was that pulsed-field technology aids in clinical and immunological improvements in patients with scleroderma.
Regular Use of the Therapy
These studies make use of the treatment limited to a few sessions. What if the use of pulsed therapy is discontinued in scleroderma patients? Chances are that the symptoms could relapse after some time. Regular use of the technology could save the patients from deteriorating symptoms. Besides, its regular use is an easy way to help with a plethora of ailments. It treats deteriorating body conditions and uplifts the body’s healing mechanism.
Things to Know About PEMF Devices
PEMF Therapy includes a range of safe wellness products to promote a healthy lifestyle and help to enjoy good health. These devices slow down the progression of many chronic diseases. Before trying out the devices for scleroderma, other diseases, or for maintaining overall health, you need to be clear about certain things.
- These are wellness devices, these are not for the diagnosis, and do not claim a guaranteed cure.
- The devices trigger the energizing agents in the body to maintain energy balance.
- The products generate therapeutic magnetic fields that simulate those naturally produced in the body.
- People with devices in their body like pacemakers, joint replacements, cochlear or dental implants, implanted metals, and metal stents; should not use the therapy.
- Do not use the products while pregnant.
- Consult your doctor first especially if you have a medical problem.
Home Tips for Scleroderma Patients
- Few lifestyle changes can help scleroderma patients deal with symptoms.
- Stay active to keep your body flexible and improve circulation.
- Take good care of the skin by using lotion. Protect it from sunlight, heat, hot showers, and cold and strong chemicals.
- Avoid smoking to prevent narrowing of vessels and lung problems.
- Avoid foods that cause stomach issues.
No matter what ailment you have, PEMF therapy may prove effective. The same goes for treating scleroderma. It helps the patients deal with the annoying symptoms, improving their quality of life.