You’ve likely heard of body butter, the luxurious body moisturizing cream that’s highly popular right now, but do you really know what it is and how to use it? Whether you’re wondering what benefits body butter can offer, or what types of products are available, this guide has you covered.
Benefits of Body Butter
Body butter is prized for its thick and hydrating texture, but there’s more than meets the eye when it comes to this type of moisturizer. Click here to read about some key benefits of using a body butter product:
- Conditions skin: Body butter helps foster a healthy balance between oil production and hydration for the skin on not just your face, but all over your body. This balance helps prevent excessive dryness and irritation.
- Provides deep moisturizing: Because many formulas contain natural ingredients like shea and cocoa butter, they provide intense nourishment that can last all day long — perfect if you’re looking for an extra boost in moisture.
- Soothes skin: Many mixtures also have added vitamins or herbal extracts that can help soothe irritated skin and reduce inflammation.
- Natural fragrance: Many versions of body lotion feature synthetic fragrances meant to mask any smell. However, when you use a body butter moisturizer with a natural scent like lavender or coconut, it helps create a calming ritual as part of your skincare routine for extra relaxation.
Types Of Body Butter Products
With all the different types available on the market today, understanding which one best suits your needs can be difficult – but don’t sweat it! Here’s a breakdown of some common types of body butter so that you can find something suitable:
- Shea: Chocolatey goodness in a bottle! Perfect if you want intense hydration without adding greasy residue on top of your skin post-application. It’s naturally rich in essential fatty acids which help heal dry skin while making it supple at the same time!
- Cocoa: Creamy without any signs of waxiness – this makes Cocoa Butter moisture an especially ideal companion during warmer months as it won’t leave behind an oily feel after application either! Highly recommended for those who suffer from Eczema or Psoriasis flare-ups due to its natural anti-inflammatory properties
- Mango: This lightweight blend is great if you’re looking for something quickly absorbing yet still hydrating enough to keep flaky patches away from sight! It features Vitamins A & C which are known to protect against cell damage caused by free radicals too (aka our biggest enemy)
How To Use Body Butters In Your Skincare Routine
Now that we know what these creamy concoctions are capable of let’s dive into how one should apply them to their everyday skincare routines – here are some simple steps that even beginners can follow easily:
- Start by exfoliating first – scrubbing away dead cells will ensure better absorption rates; just make sure not to go overboard as overworking your skin isn’t going anywhere good either – once done rinse off with lukewarm water then lightly pat your epidermis till semi-damp before moving onto step 2!
- Apply in circular motions – scooping out about a dime-sized portion then work towards gently massaging into areas such as arms/legs/neck/hands etc until fully absorbed – doing so creates friction which ultimately warms up the product itself allowing for easier absorption on your end!
- Be generous with every application & Adjust accordingly – depending on how bad things have gotten always ‘err’ on being generous; apart from being able to experience instant relief from head to toe, you’ll also benefit in terms of long-term healing & upkeep.
To conclude, body butter is one of the most versatile products you can use in your skincare routine. With its multiple benefits, types, and easy-to-follow instructions, you’re sure to find the perfect product for you. Not only is it great for keeping your skin hydrated and supple but using body butter can also help soothe irritation and inflammation while providing a natural fragrance that adds an extra element of relaxation. So grab butter today and give it a try – after all, there’s nothing to lose!