Video is one of the most popular forms of online training. It’s easy to use, it’s engaging, and it can be customized to meet the needs of your audience. But does video really work as an effective way to achieve training objectives?
What is Video Training?
Video training is a popular and effective way to impart information. It’s fast, affordable, and can be adapted to different learning styles. However, it doesn’t work for everyone. Before you invest in it, make sure it will achieve your desired training objectives. Here are five tips for using video training to achieve results:
1. Define the objectives
Before you launch into any video training, make sure you have clear objectives in mind. What do you want participants to learn? How will they know they’ve achieved success? Determine the specific goals of your video training and track results regularly.
2. Choose the right format
You don’t need high-quality footage to create powerful videos; in fact, low-budget ones can be just as effective as their pricier counterparts. However, if your goal is to convey complex information quickly and effectively, then a high-quality video may be best suited for you. Consider how long each segment should be and whether you need accompanying illustrations or animations to help explain concepts more clearly (these can also be easily created with Video Maker software). Screen recorder software can make recording and editing videos a breeze.
3. Use audio cues wisely
Audio can greatly enhance the effectiveness of video content by providing context and reinforcement when needed (such as during tutorials). However, use audio judiciously; too much audio can distract viewers from the presentation material, making it difficult for them to follow along (and potentially undermining your instructional goals). Opt for simple audio cues (such as sound effects or verbal instructions) when possible, and alternate them frequently to ensure that viewers don’t get lost.
4. Make sure your video is easy to follow
If participants are struggling to follow along with your video, they’re likely not going to learn as much as they could have. To make it more accessible, break down complex concepts into simple steps, use graphics and images to illustrate points, and provide transcripts for slower-paced videos.
5. Use feedback loops
Throughout the production, be sure to provide feedback and opportunities for participants to ask questions. This will help you identify any areas in which they may need assistance and ensure that everyone who participates in the training feels comfortable and confident about the material.
The Benefits of Video Training
Video training is one of the most effective ways to achieve training objectives, according to a study published in the journal Learning and Instruction.
The study found that it was more effective than other forms of training, such as interactive tutorials or hands-on exercises, when it came to learning new information and retaining that information. The study also found that it was more effective than text-based training in terms of helping people learn technical aspects of a task.
One reason video training is so effective is that it is more engaging for learners. People are typically more motivated to learn if they believe that the material they are learning has real-world implications or if the material is presented in an interesting and exciting way. They also allow trainers to provide feedback and interact with learners on a one-to-one basis, which can help them learn more effectively.
It also has other benefits. It can be more easily adapted to different learning styles, and it can be repeated multiple times, which can help students absorb the material more effectively. Additionally, it can be used in a variety of settings, such as online courses or corporate training departments.
How Video Training Can Help You Achieve Your Training Objectives?
Video training can be a very effective way to achieve training objectives.
– First, it allows you to have more control over the learning process since you are in the room with the trainer.
– Second, it is often easier to follow than traditional classroom-based training.
– Finally, recordings can be easily reviewed and used as a reference tool.
Tips for Using Video Training to Achieve Your Goals
Here are some tips for using video training to help you achieve your goals:
- Plan the video carefully. When creating it, make sure that it is well-planned and that the content is clear. This will help your viewers understand what they are watching and ensure that they learn the information you want them to learn.
- Use videos to supplement other forms of training. While this may be the most effective way to teach certain skills or concepts, it may not be the best approach for all training goals. Use it as part of a multi-faceted learning strategy to reach your overall objective.
- Make use of online resources and tools to create videos. There are many online resources and tools available that can help you create high-quality videos quickly and easily. These include video editing software, graphics software, and even YouTube tutorials.
- Test the videos before you release them to students or employees. Before releasing a video containing new information or instructions, test it with a small group of people (preferably those who will be using or administering the information). This will help you ensure that the video is easy to follow and understand, and that any necessary corrections have been made.
Video training is an effective way to impart information and achieve training objectives. Make sure that the video content is well-planned, easy to follow, and appropriately formatted for your audience before you launch it into the world. Additionally, use online resources and tools to create powerful and engaging videos quickly and easily.