Windshield wipers are the most crucial part of your automobile, and if they are not maintained well enough, your safety is at high risk. Good and effective wipers are your saviors in unpleasant weather, so it is better not to wait for the right time and get them replaced immediately.
Now, thanks to digitization and the modern world of the Internet, comparing and buying is not a hassle anymore. Fortunately, there are many websites that are selling high-quality wipers, and above that, most of the online retailers have the guide to choose your vehicle in order to get the right wiper.
Best Windshield Wipers
We have compiled a list of 10 effective and best functional windshield wipers available in the market, to make your browsing, searching, and comparing a little easier.
1. Editor’s Pick: Bosch ICON
The BOSCH ICON beam wiper blades, sporting a bracketless design and tension springs help increase the flexibility of blades along with exceptional performance in every weather condition.
As per the company’s claim, the ICON wiper blades have up to 40% lasting capability than any other high-end and expensive brand available. Among other high-end and premium brands in competition, the ICON, incorporated with special rubber technology, is proven to be invulnerable to cracking when exposed to ozone.
Moreover, it also has two other key features: exclusive asymmetrical flexible spoiler design for noiseless wiping experience and weather-shield double-locking connector to make the process of installation quicker and easier.
The Bosch ICON users consider it as the best windshield wiper regardless of its premium price tag. But if your residence is in an area that hardly experiences any rainfall or snow, then these premium wiper blades are not suitable for you.
However, don’t give the ICON any second thought if you are looking for any high-quality brand with up to the mark performance skills, as high-end vehicles like BMW, Audi, and many others are equipped with BOSCH wipers.
- Exclusive Fx Dual Rubber Resists Heat And Ozone Deterioration And Proven To Last Up To 40% Longer Than Other Premium Wiper Blades
- Easy Installation With Original Equipment-Quality Hook Adapter (Hook Arm 9X3 & 9X4)
- Patented Beam Design With Shielded Connector Optimizes Visibility Even Under Extreme Weather Conditions
- Exclusive Tension Spring Arcing Technology Creates A Fit That’S Custom-Contoured To The Curvature Of Each Side Of The Windshield
2. Affordable Alternative: ANCO 31-Series
If affordability is a top pointer on your priority list and a traditional wiper blade is your go-to choice, look nowhere, as the ANCO 31-Series is the ultimate solution for your vehicle; however, keep in mind that it is suitable for areas that hardly experience any rain or snow.
The ANCO 31-Series features a vented bridge and superior-quality polymer for an original equipment fit. The conventional wiper blades also come equipped with an exclusive rubber compound, DuraKlear and KwikConnect Installation System that ensures easier replacement of the wiper blades.
Ranging from 10 inches to 28 inches, the ANCO 31-Series ensures a variety of sizes to fit your vehicle. The company also has a variety of other blade ranges, including Contour Beam Blade and Winter Blades.
These traditional-style blades are the best value for your money if you live in an area that doesn’t experience heavy rainfall. Unlike other hybrid or beam-style blades, the 31-series is not built to tackle extreme weather changes.
3. Ideal for Winter Season: Michelin Stealth Ultra Hybrid Wiper Blade
A renowned tire manufacturing company, Michelin is also popular for its wide variety of wiper blades, from hybrid to beam-style and even specific products for the rear windshields; the company has everything on the list.
The Michelin Stealth Ultra blades should serve as a one-stop solution if you are on a search to find a hybrid wiper blade. It is equipped with an exclusive Smart-Flex technology that auto-adapts windshield’s curvature for flawless wiping performance, ultimately leading to a better and cleaned vision.
The hardcover design helps provide windshield protection from snow, ice and even debris. Additionally, Michelin’s patented EZ Lok connector system gives you the advantage of easier and quicker installation. However, one thing to note here is that a number of users have claimed that adapters included with the blades are incompatible with their automobiles. Therefore, it is important to purchase compatible adapters.
As per the company, the Michelin Stealth Ultra performed outstandingly even after 300,000 wipe cycles, among all the other players in the industry. These are all-weather performance blades, hence highly recommended, especially to those who live in an area with heavy ice and snowfall.
4. Aero Premium All-Season Wipers
Looking for a beam-style wiper blade yet a budget-friendly option? Aero is the company offering it, with a total of six-month warranty on its product range. These wiper blades are a direct replacement for the original equipment manufacturer, boasting an exclusive blended rubber for a flawless, smooth and streak-free wiping performance.
Designed with a flexible spine, the Aero Premium All-Season wipers provide a good-quality fit for outstanding windshield grip.
As compared to other available wiper blades, the replacement of Aero’s comes in a pair, hence making them a budget-friendly option. Unlike any other premium and high-end wiper blades in the industry, the Aero ones won’t deliver the high-quality performance you may expect.
Many people would consider Aero as boring, with almost no unique selling proposition and qualities that make these affordable wipers outperform others. People who live in an area that experiences moderate rainfall and those who want a cost-effective solution, these blades are an ideal option for them.
Considering its affordable price tag along with the ease of installation, many users claim to be satisfied with the functionality of Aero Premium all-season wipers. While on the other hand, many owners discovered the windshield wipers are not as durable as other players in the industry. To sum up, it is important to go through the research phase with due diligence, specifically if harsh weather changes occur in your region.
5. Bosch OE Specialty AeroTwin
If the previously mentioned Bosch ICON wipers are way too high-end for you, or they fail to have any particular application for your vehicle, you should consider AeroTwin. They come with a blended dual rubber compound with a graphite coating for a longer life-span. The wiper blades are also equipped with an asymmetrical wind spoiler for a stronger windshield contact.
The Bosch AeroTwin wipers include a pre-mounted, unique adapter that ensures its users the compatibility with the original equipment for convenient installation. They are said to be unique adapters that people won’t normally find in the market. The AeroTwin buyers must make sure to purchase the correct sizes for both wipers in the pair.
We won’t say that the Bosch AeroTwin wipers are a budget-friendly option but a middle-ranged alternative. These are made for drivers who live in an area that doesn’t experience any ice or snowfall, as the blades are manufactured to protect the windshield from extreme weather conditions.
These wiper blades are definitely recommended for those living in an area that encounters rainy season, as they are a great deal for money with good performance.
6. Valeo 900 Ultimate Series
Valeo is a renowned name in the world of automobile parts. Available in a wide variety of sizes, ranging from 15’’ to 29’’, the Valeo 900 Ultimate Series claims to have equipped with best-in-class aerodynamics all regards to an integrated spoiler. Additionally, it also features aero-acoustics that gives a noiseless driving experience in harsh weather.
The beam-style wiper blade is equipped with the new Tec3 advanced rubber technology so that you can enjoy a smooth and noiseless wiping experience along with a longer life-span. The Valeo 900 Ultimate Series is an ideal choice, as it doesn’t feature any metal structure to collect ice and snow buildup. However, it also means that it doesn’t guarantee protection in the longer term.
Another advantage is the 1500 pressure point feature. The integrated flexors provide 1500 pressure points for smooth and uniform application. The 900 Ultimate Series is the best in the entire product range Valeo offers. These are ideal to all seasons, having a moderate degree, and can even provide protection to your vehicle when not in use.
7. PIAA Silicone Wipers
Unlike any other traditional blade, PIAA offers 2x durability with its silicon wiper blades. Furthermore, the silicon rubber wiper blades coat the windshields with silicone that help promote water beading in harsh weather conditions, ultimately providing superior visibility for drivers.
PIAA’s silicon wipers have 3 different models: Aero Vogue, Super Silicone and Si-Tech. Both the models, Aero Vogue and Super Silicone blades are refillable with silicone, making it a cost-effective option only if refills are your thing.
The other options available come under three different types of windshield wipers, so you may end up purchasing something that suits your specific requirements.
The Aero Vogue range is a hybrid wiper blade, which offers the benefits of a frame like that of a traditional one. The aero-style cover, sporting “Pass Through” technology has definitely stepped up the game, as it helps in reducing blade chatter and wind lift.
The Super Silicone wiper blade has a conventional exo-frame design, enhanced with a number of pressure points to provide a neat, clean and streak-free wiping performance along with easy installation.
The Sci-Tech blades incorporate a flat-blade frameless design that molds to the windshield’s shape to apply uniform pressure points across the blade for seamless wiping. The blades are ideal for those living in colder regions, as they are manufactured to protect the windshield from snow and ice buildup.
PIAA offers a one-year warranty on all its wipers’ product range. Plus, they go through durability testing that complies with the Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS K6301) method to physically test the vulcanized rubber.
8. Rain-X Latitude Water Repellency 2-n-1 Wiper Blades
Rain X is a leading name in the automotive aftermarket when it comes to glass care products. Though the company’s glass water repellent serves the purpose, its results are not as good as a premium windshield wiper. For that purpose, RainX has the Latitude Water Repellency 2-in-1 wiper blade in its product portfolio.
The 2-in-1 wiper blades have a RainX water repellent that transfers from the squeegee to the windshield surface in the beginning, hence the 2-in-1 property – cleaning and repelling at the same time.
The RainX 2-in-1 wiper blade is a beam-style blade and is considered the best RainX product in terms of its performance. Unlike the highly-priced Bosch ICON and some from the PIAA Silicon wipers, these are comparatively an affordable option.
However, considering the fact that these are beam-style, the 2-in-1 blades may not be ideal for all-season performance. Also, the RainX Latitude Water Repellency windshield wipers don’t come with any sort of additional covering shield to keep ice and snow clogging at bay.
The blades also include improved pre-installed universal adapters for faster installation. The company claims that it fits 96% of all vehicles out there on the road. The blade has the ability to mold itself to the windshield curvature for a streak-free wiping performance. Furthermore, the blades feature synthetic blend rubber squeegee to increase durability in inclement weather, including ice, snow and sleet.
9. SilBlade Premium Silicone
SilBlade Premium Silicone is more of a high-end option. Available in sizes from 12 to all the way to 28 inches, these silicone wiper blades are equipped with high steel gauge, with a powder coating of long-lasting paint to hold out against harsh weather conditions and prevent corrosion.
SilBlade uses a patented silicone rubber blade with graphite and PTFE for greater visibility, good performance and longer life-span. The silicon formula also leaves an invisible hydrophobic coating which works as a water repellent and forms within 90 days from the very first use.
The blades are manufactured with a specific curved frameless blade to fit the contemporary windshield designs. Moreover, the wiper blades also come with a pre-installed adapter that is compatible with a wide range of vehicles.
The company claims that these blades are durable enough to last years and also offer not months but a five-year warranty. Additionally, the company also provides an offer of a 30-day money-back guarantee if it fails to perform or is not up to your expectations. Though these blades come with an added advantage of a 5-year warranty and enhanced durability, it is always recommended to replace windshield blades every six months.
10. TRICO Exact-Fit Wiper Blades
TRICO’s Exact Fit range of replacement blades is available in all four styles – a hybrid, beam, conventional and rear window.
These blades are a factory replacement, and each individual wiper includes a pre-assembled connector for faster and convenient replacement. Ranging from sizes 15 to 29 inches, the beam-style blades are constructed in a manner so that it can mold down for superior contact with curved windshields. Boasting a Memory Curve Steel beam, it provides even pressure for the best wiping performance.
These wiper blades are said to be ideal for all-weather conditions and for that, the hybrid blades are equipped with a strong and high-quality polymer shell.
If you have a car with conventional wipers that requires an original factory quality replacement, you can choose the ExactFit conventional blade range, which comes in a variety of sizes, from 10 to 28 inches.
The TRICO ExactFit product range has a wide variety of wipers available, so you won’t heading back home empty-handed.
Here’s Everything You Should Know About Windshield Wiper Blades
Drivers often fail to notice the importance of wiper blades, but in reality, they are a crucial and essential pre-requisite of driving a car. If you think that people living in areas that hardly encounter any rainfall or snow don’t need any blade maintenance or even any wipers in the first place, you are wrong.
It is always recommended to be equipped with everything in case of emergencies. Another thing to note here is that like every other thing in this world, wipers, too, don’t last for longer time period regardless of their usage; therefore, wiper blade replacement is mandatory every 6 months. Have you ever wondered why most of the accidents happen, apart from careless driving? Poor visibility. And one of the main purposes of windshield wipers is to enhance visibility to prevent accidents.
How Often Should Windshield Wipers Be Changed?
Regardless of its usage, it is always recommended to change wiper blades every six months. Besides, one should always check the rubber edge over time in order to check the condition of the blades. Sometimes, good condition of blades doesn’t mean good cleaning performance, and for that, windshield washer fluid or glass cleaners are available. Just take any good quality washer fluid on a damp piece of cloth and clean the rubber off. Also, clean the debris off from the rubber and the windshield surface occupied by the wiper blades.
When you decide to replace them, always replace them in a pair because if one needs replacement, the other is probably close. It will probably save your time and a second visit to the store.
Another thing to be sure of is your car’s rear window wiper. The fact is that they are not used as often as the front ones, but make sure that it is well-maintained and new, so the visibility from the rear windshield is as clear as the front wipers.
Types of Wiper Blades in the Market
There are different types of windshield wipers: beam-style, hybrid, and conventional frame-style wiper blades.
Conventional frame-style wiper blades are the oldest and the most common type. It is comparatively heavier than other types of blades available. These traditional wiper blades utilize ordinary rubber or halogen-hardened rubber. Unlike other blades, these are comparatively more budget-friendly, but the main disadvantage is their vulnerability to ice and snow.
Hybrids blades have been around recently. They are a combination of conventional and beam-style blades, hence the name. They boast aerodynamic design, ideal to all-seasons, and have specific pressure points for uniform application.
The last type is the beam-style wiper blade. These blades are manufactured from double rubber or silicone material. They generally carry a higher price tag but is said to have a longer life-span than traditional frame-style wiper blades.
There are other high-end options available, but it is totally up to you whether you want a fancier and premium wiper blade. However, if you live in an area that hardly encounters any harsh weather changes, beam-style or even traditional wipers are enough to meet your needs.
How To Choose A Windshield Wiper That Fits Your Car?
If you are deciding to buy the most expensive windshield wiper for your car, wait for a moment! Have you checked whether it is compatible with your vehicle? With a wide range of sizes and types available, you need to make sure which one goes with your needs and delivers good performance. Whenever you decide to shop for new wiper blades, make sure to keep a list, including the year, manufacturer, and model number of your car. Though at times a two-door or four-door car varies length sizes and most of the time, many stores will have products for specific models, it is always recommended to take measurements with you
Another thing to mention here is to note how the blades are attached to your car. They are either attached through a straight or a hooked wiper arm. There are some replacement kits that include universal adapters, while some of them include proper attachments for your car.
Is Refilla Better Option?
If you are not willing to spend money on purchasing a new wiper blade, wiper refills are also available, which is definitely a cheaper alternative. Wiper refill only means the replacement of the rubber on the blade. Although it is a cost-effective solution, it is not recommended in many cases due to the fact that wiping of the windshield through the rubber element is not the only thing that is subjected to wear and tear.
Despite the fact that it is inexpensive, it is important to know that the complexity level of refill installation is higher than purchasing and attaching a new wiper blade to your vehicle.
Replacement of Wiper Blades
Unlike any other vehicle-related task, there is one task that is absolutely hassle-free – the replacement of wiper blades. Following is the 7-step guide on how to replace your windshield car wipers.
1. Unpack replacement wiper blades and get them ready for installation. If the wiper blades vary in lengths, see beforehand which blade fits on the driver’s and which on the passenger’s side.
2. Next, lift the wiper arm and make the blades perpendicular to it. Since many vehicles do not have a release tab, make sure if your replacement blades have them.
3. Just in case your wiper arm comprises release tab, all you need is to just pull down on the blade and push down the tab. Apparently, you may think that you should pull up on the blade, that’s something common sense suggests. But this may not help you out in removing the blade from the wiper arm. On the other hand, if there is no release tab in your wiper arm, all you need to do is just pull down on the blade once you turn it vertically to the arm.
4. After pulling the blade down, the next step is to turn it so it can come parallel to the wiper arm. After that, you just have to pull the blade off.
5. Installation is basically the same procedure but in reverse order. All you have to do is make the blade parallel to the wiper arm and thread it into the slot. Always remember to read out the instruction manual, as many wiper blades come with adapters that are already compatible with your vehicle.
6. The next step requires turning the blade to make it perpendicular to the arm followed by a slight pull to lock it in place. A slight clicking sound will let you know if the blades are locked correctly.
7. Once you have installed both the blades, lowered them down on the windshield surface and test whether they perform successfully or not.
- Fit for J hook wiper arm. 1 Year warranty.
- Solid quality at a low price.
- Award-winning bracketless beam design. Superior performance in rain & snow.
- Conforms to windshield curve. Blade cover is designed to prevent dirt & debris buildup.
- Aerodynamic shape eliminates collection of debris around blade.
- Bosch ICON makes windshield wiper replacement easy with 2-pack bundles that include popular driver and passenger side blade length combinations
- Exclusive fx dual rubber resists heat and ozone deterioration and proven to last up to 40% longer than other premium wiper blades
- Easy installation with original equipment-quality hook adapter (Hook arm 9x3 & 9x4)
- Patented beam design with shielded connector optimizes visibility even under extreme weather conditions
- Exclusive tension spring arcing technology creates a fit that's custom-contoured to the curvature of each side of the windshield
- Fit for U/J hook wiper arm. Easy installation and perfect fit, no need for awkward adapters. Solid quality at a low price. 1 Year warranty.
- Dual precision-tensioned steel springs, coupled with an asymmetrical wind spoiler, deliver uniform pressure distribution and better windshield contact, Conforms to windshield curve, eliminating wet...
- AA grade natural rubber with teflon coating delivers the ultimate smooth, clean, chatter-free wipe.
- Aerodynamic design significantly reduces drag, noise and wind lift. Bracketless design helps prevent snow and ice buildup.
- The factory typically has more than one style wiper blade mount on the samebody style car. please see description for full fitment details, and study the pictures carefully to make sure this is the...
- Fits for 2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado
- Fits for 2014-2018 GMC Sierra
- Manufacturer Part Number: 23417074, Other Part Number: 22754397
- Quantity:Complete set of 2 pc (Left and right) 22"/22 (Set of 2) Top Lock
- Not Fit For U/J Hook Wiper Arm，please see description for full fitment details
- PACKAGE INCLUDES 2 PCS WIPER BLADES.EANTAC wiper blade provide 1 pc driver side and 1 pc passenger side wiper.
- QUICK AND EASY TO INSTALL.Easy step-by-step installation videos are available,quick And easy Install at home in minutes.
- All-WEATHER PERFORMANCE.Engineered for durable wiping in extreme weather conditions, for ultimate performance in all seasons.
- PROVIDE A SMOOTH,CLEAN,STREAK-FREE WIPE.With EANTAC classic design and high-quality materials,using embedded friction reducers and multiple pressure points.
- MORE LONGER LIFE.Wiping durability testing more than 1 million times of wiping,meets or exceeds OEM safety and durability standards.Normal use for 6 months without replacement.